Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Sea lion pup shot dead near Dunedin

A critically threatened sea lion pup was found shot dead on the Otago Peninsula on Saturday.Staff from the Department of Conservation (DOC) found the remains of the 11 month-old female sea lion named Rua on a beach near Dunedin. Rua was last seen on Allans Beach in September and made the headlines last summer when her birth was overseen by the local community. DOC Coastal Otago operations manager Annie Wallace says the female was only one of 11 born last summer. The brutal senseless shooting of a defenseless threatened native animal is a tragedy. Rua was one of only 11 sea lion pups born on the peninsula last summer, she says. The impact of her death on the recovery of the New Zealand sea lion is not to be underestimated.

What I Think About This And Why
I think that who ever did this they should have not done this to this poor little baby Sea lion pup . I am very disgusted by whoever did it and I want to know why they world do this I mean what did the little pup do to make this person do this. I am just mad about this because I relay like animals because I grew up with animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment